Bad witnesses in teacher – student sex trial

The case of 38 year old teacher Deanna Bobo is a little shaky.  Ms. Bobo was accused of having sex with several male, underage students over a period of some years.  A quote from the article –

One witness said he saw Bobo sitting with her legs apart while wearing a skirt and no underwear.

Defense attorney Shannon Foster sat in a chair facing the 17-year-old witness, moved her legs apart and asked, “Can you     tell if I’m wearing underwear or not?”

“No,” the witness said.

Mmm credibility, very nice.  And kind of a slutty lawyer, not a bad touch.

Another witness, when asked who was involved with a breast-touching incident, said this –

“All I am saying is, there was a lot of action going on,” the witness said.

Good thing the witness wasn’t being vague – that would be horrible!  Even though Deanna Bobo is accused of having a lot of sex with a lot of students, I don’t see a real good chance of her being convicted.  The witnesses are simply too stupid.  Link.

1. Stacey said

August 9 2006 @ 11:54 am

This is one of the first articles about this poor woman that is at least unbiased. I am still not convinced she is inocent; however, if this is the state’s idea of credible witnesses, she has a fighting chance. I read the judge dismissed the testimony of more have of the state’s 22 witnesses and those he left were mostly in support of the defense. He husband has stood by her and that should account for something. I just don’t understand how she could have been doing these things for so many years and now everyone is coming out of the woodwork. Makes you think someone is up for re-election and some young men want their 15 minutes of fame….. just an observation

2. leroybrown said

August 9 2006 @ 1:57 pm

I’m not convinced she’s innocent either – hey that’s up to a jury of her peers to decide. But really, these witness are ridiculous. C’mon now people!

Exactly – this is probably nothing more than a 15 minutes of fame thing. It’s “cool” these days to accuse teachers of banging students.

3. GreenwoodTeacher said

September 19 2006 @ 2:16 pm

I know some of the boys and I know her. I can tell you that some of the things they are saying are true. The school was aware of these allegations from former students and done nothing. She has changed her apperance. Different hair color and a different style of clothers. This would leave one to believe that something is up…. Come on she said she only had beige and white bras…. I seen her bra strap on day and it was black. She had on a short black skirt and a black and white sleeveless blouse and her strap fell down on her shoulder.

September 19 2006 @ 2:58 pm

Greenwood Teacher – are you saying that the teacher was having sex with the students? I’m happpy to hear from someone close to the situation – you can probably give a lot better insight than anyone else. I don’t automatically have a problem with a teacher wearing a short skirt – that doesn’t mean she’s bending over and hiking it up, so to speak.

5. Melonie said

September 20 2006 @ 6:49 pm

GW Teacher – I find it hard to believe that the school knew of “allegations” yet did nothing, that is a pretty big nothing to ignore.
    Did her appearance change because she has been unable to keep up with the highlights and such, or is this an attempt to look older and more respectable?

6. Greenwood Citizen said

December 6 2006 @ 7:18 am

I live in Greenwood and the new story floating around is the lead investigator in the case has been caught literally with his pants down. A website has been found where he and his wife are involved in a swapping club. Yes, he and his wife swap partners for sex. The pictures allegedly have them both naked and list their preferences. Seems they have lived this lifestyle for quite some time now. She just may win her case yet. What prosecutor wants to go on trial with his main investigator being a pervert?

December 7 2006 @ 1:27 pm

I personally think swinging and swapping partners is all kinds of nasty…. but that doesn’t make this guy a bad lawyer in my eyes. What he does on his own time is his business…. as long as he’s not banging someone else’s wife while he’s billing his client, it shouldn’t matter, right?

8. Jamie said

January 4 2007 @ 3:50 pm

Did you just hear the latest? The second charges have been dropped. The paper says the other guy “wants to serve his country instead of coming back here and testifying”. I think he just wants to get out of the whole thing because he was lying in the first place. Why would he come forward and THEN decide not to go through with it. If he was not in the military, I think the state would force him to come back. Anyway, I think this looks good for Mrs. Bobo and I am glad.

9. Greenwood Citizen said

January 4 2007 @ 3:52 pm

This pervert is not a lawyer, he is the police officer in charge of sex crimes in this town! He is the one asking all those teenagers about sex and body parts and all the while he is probably getting off on it. Anyway, the story continues because I have now heard he is being fired (due to budget cuts,,,,) whatever! Maybe the town of Greenwood has finally seen the light!