Some like it hot – Cowgirls Espresso

In most of the country, Starbucks is as good as it gets for coffee. Sure, the coffee is good, and you have lots of choices. But the service is clearly lacking; usually the stores are staffed by high- school teenagers who are more often than not on some sort of chemically induced high. People definitely don’t go to Starbucks for the service. If a major competitor ever comes into play, Starbucks will have something to worry about.

Now let’s take a look at Seattle. Seattle is the unofficial Capital of Coffee here in the US. There’s a coffee shop or 3 on every corner, and just about all of them make good coffee. So what can a shop do to set themselves apart? Enter Cowgirl’s Espresso. Think Starbucks mixed with a Victoria’s Secret fashion show, and you’ll have a pretty good idea. The entire staff is young, female, and attractive.

Candice Law, who works at Cowgirls Espresso, is accustomed to wearing a short, sheer baby-doll negligee, with pink panties to match of course. She says she makes much more there ( from tips ) than she used to at Hooters, where she worked previously. Now Washington state law requires that the girls cover their breasts and butts, so the girls won’t be prancing around thongs while they serve your coffee ( sorry guys ). Enjoy some pictures after the jump ( you can see more on Cowgirls Espresso’s website ).

These girls sort of push the envelope with the “buttocks must be covered” rule. I don’t think the patrons mind though. At least, I don’t think any are complaining.

Schoolgirl outfits are always in style at the Cowgirls Espresso

Cop Day

Red and Lacy

It’s hard to argue with the good old fashioned bikini top

Black and Lacy

Black & White ( And lacy, of course )
Via the Seattle Times.

January 22 2007 @ 3:14 pm

Ouch, apparently I don’t know how to format multiple images on a blog. Maybe I need to work on that….

2. fredo said

January 23 2007 @ 9:46 am

This isn’t so far from Idiocracy’s Starbucks full-body lattes (coffee plus a handjob).

January 23 2007 @ 9:52 am

Fredo – you’re right. We may be heading in that direction. It’s time to worry when we use gatorade to water our crops.

4. Hooptie J said

January 23 2007 @ 12:37 pm

They’ll make a mint .. when do they start franchising …..

January 23 2007 @ 1:18 pm

Franchising eh? Perhaps someone with some cash needs to give them a call and see what can be done.

6. Saxman said

January 23 2007 @ 2:16 pm

I play in Seattle at least once a year, I love the coffee, but this is great!!
    I can’t wait to go there and see if I can slurp down some of this expresso!!! Great bistro!!

January 23 2007 @ 2:22 pm

Saxman,
    I have a feeling that we may see a mass migration to Seattle because of this.

8. Nav said

January 24 2007 @ 10:20 am

Wooh! I have got to get me some coffee from here… There’s nothing like caffeine and the objectification of women to make me feel like a big man in the mornin’…

9. Lori said

January 25 2007 @ 3:17 pm

My name is Lori and I am the owner of Cowgirls Espresso. Started it about 4 years ago I have 7 stands that do the theme days. Franchising is in the works has been for 6 months so I am working on it as we speak. thanks for all the great comments the employees have read them all and love it. So to everyone that commented thank you!!!! Please come and try the coffee its great! We carry Dilanos its a local roaster out of Summner that has competed with other coffee roasters since 1992. Thanks so much again..

January 25 2007 @ 4:01 pm

Hi Lori,
    Thanks for coming by – I sure didn’t expect to see you drop in! I don’t know how you came up with the idea, but you certainly have a winner on your hands. I’ll be looking forward to the San Antonio franchises – I hope they’re coming soon!

11. WayCoolJr said

January 26 2007 @ 11:39 am

I’d love to know the names of the girls. I’ve seen a few, like: Candace, Kim, Lori & Toni. Any I missed? :)

January 26 2007 @ 1:01 pm

That’s a good question – maybe Lori the owner can help out. Lori, you still around?

13. YouMustBeJoking said

January 29 2007 @ 4:40 pm

Nothing but glorified prositution.

14. R.F. Wright said

January 29 2007 @ 7:53 pm

Glorified prostitution? Who says anything is going on between the girls and the patrons?

Having a narrow mind will get you nowhere…

15. Rick said

January 30 2007 @ 10:55 am

To Lori and her staff,
    You might want to point out to the offended that everyone does something similar, it’s just how far you go. Every person who dresses to look “attractive” using form fitting clothes, makeup, bright colors or gets their hair cut or styled is playing to basic sex appeal. After all why do men lift weights and act macho? Strength is (usually) a female turn-on. Facial hair emphisises maleness. Any clothing that focuses on chest or hips.

OK the list is endless.
    You may have some hiring discrimination issues though.

January 30 2007 @ 1:39 pm

Sorry YouMustBeJoking, but YouMustBeAPrude. Calling these girls prostitutes is offensive to say the least. They dress sexy – that doesn’t mean they have sex with the customers. Even suggesting that it’s the same thing is ridiculous and offensive.
    Rick – you’ve got some great points there. There’s certainly nothing wrong with what these girsl are doing, and their business. I say, carry on, and ignore the narrow minded.

17. Chris in Jax said

January 31 2007 @ 12:16 pm

Wanna make a bet that “youmustbejoking” is an overweight female ?

January 31 2007 @ 12:19 pm

HAHA I hadn’t even thought of that, but I bet you’re right.

19. Dave said

January 31 2007 @ 2:16 pm

Great place for a guy who doesn’t get any to go.

20. Rick said

February 2 2007 @ 2:08 pm

Leroy,
    I didn’t say that there was *nothing* wrong.
    I tried to point out that absolutes don’t make sense. Sex sells, and there is always sexual tension in human relations. So we all live in a gray zone and need to think clearly about what we do.

A Spokane, WA police officer was recently fired. He thought a barista was coming on to him, so after a while he opened his pants…

Lack of thought is dangerous!

But, getting bent out of shape about showing some skin is pretty silly.

February 2 2007 @ 2:14 pm

That police officer deserved to be fired – that’s a pretty stupid thing to do, for sure. Sexy clothes and sex don’t have to go hand in hand.. but I’m sure he knows that now, though a little too late.

22. Michael Sherby said

February 8 2007 @ 11:21 am

I am w/Bellingham Promotion one of thething we do is treading cards.
    eather email we or call @360-398-7737 thank you

23. stevievep said

February 16 2007 @ 10:50 am

@waycool have a look at the contact us page for some additional photos and email names

24. Breezing said

February 18 2007 @ 10:07 am

Wouldn’t the girls get more money if they just go take all their clothes off at a stip club?

February 18 2007 @ 5:34 pm

Breezing,
    Wearing sexy lingerie and serving coffee is a far cry from stripping and dancing nude, all while shoving their breasts and crotches in the face of slobbering male patrons.
    Doubtless they could make more money, but at what moral cost? How many strippers do you know who have an ounce of respect for themselves?

26. John Bailo said

February 20 2007 @ 9:18 am

This sounds like a true Seattle Phenomena.

Put a bunch of young sexy girls in skimpy clothes and then a bunch of people protest how its oppressive.

Can you say: Killjoy!

February 20 2007 @ 2:09 pm

Anytime you have scantily-clad women involved, someone will be protesting. I don’t see why there needs to be drama at all. If you don’t want to see boobies with your coffee, don’t go to Cowgirls Espresso. It’s not like it’s the only coffee shop in Seattle, after all.

28. R.F. Wright said

February 20 2007 @ 2:23 pm

Has anybody here seen the girls at the Heart Attack Grill? Humma-humma! They all dress up (sorta) like nurses… hot stuff! google it…

February 20 2007 @ 2:25 pm

R.F. – No need to google it – just use my search box; and you’ll see my post on it. Here’s the link –
    Heart Attack Grill.

30. sam said

September 24 2007 @ 5:43 pm

There is no “x” in “espresso”. I’m not even a coffee drinker, but I at least know how to spell & say the word! “Expresso” my eye!

31. TT said

October 3 2007 @ 7:26 am

This is old, but whatever:

The funny thing is, I *do* go to Starbucks for the service. We have a local-only chain of coffee places here that makes vastly superior coffee, is big on the environment, gives to local charities, so on and so forth… but the service by the stoner dropouts they hire to work their counters is so half-assed, I can’t stand to give them my money. The people at the Starbucks I go to are friendly, fast, and although I’m only in there maybe once a week, they remember who I am and what I usually order.

October 3 2007 @ 8:44 am

“Of course, if I had this place as an option, other considerations would likely go right out the window…”

That says it all right there. Brilliant business model – it’s the ultimate draw.

33. Ron Garner said

November 2 2007 @ 10:34 am

Hey!
    I pre – paid for my calendar a month ago and they’re still not in!!!!!!!
    Tell your printing service that you are going to start having to give the pre paids their money back
    if the Damn calendars aren’t supplied soon!!!
    I spend alot of money at your Kent location on 108th… Just ask Amber… I also tip well. So if you don’t want to lose a good customer…… Get off your
    sweet ass and get the calendars in!!!
    Thanks ever so much,
    Ron.

34. Buferd said

December 21 2007 @ 1:25 pm

If you get the franchising figured out, I would like to know more about it. It definately has my interest!

35. Coffee Guy said

February 26 2008 @ 2:19 pm

Where is Amber? She was the best thing you had going. If she is gone, so am I.

36. sarah said

February 24 2010 @ 8:23 pm

Seriously pathetic, these poor naive little girls may as well be strippers atleast they would make decent money. Come on, this is why women will never get ahead. I’m not being rude but they really aren’t that attractive either. I’m sure some loser will comment I’m fat, or I’m jealous, and I laugh.

37. Maestro said

July 23 2010 @ 6:46 am

@ Sarah,

You’re fat, you’re jeaulous, and sorry, but you’re the looser… Nothing to add more than all you close minded ppl will never be someone in life. CE is providing jobs for the girls, much safer and more fun that going to a Strip Club… There’s no alcohol involved and no need to deal with stupid guys that do not know how to control the libido. BTW…Did I say you’re fat, and jeaulous! xD

38. Brian :) said

January 31 2011 @ 1:11 am

I bleave this will go far ^^ and all the ppl saying they might as well strip i watched a show and they was on it they make up to 700 dollers in tips a day, thats without striping or being all over a guy and for the cop yeah he needed to be fired for that cause its called costomer service being nice,smiling giving compliments