Vacation on the way

I’m heading off on vacation starting this Thursday, and I won’t be back until Friday the 25th at the earliest.  I’ve known about this vacation for a few months, and the plan was to have 4 or 5 good posts queued up to auto-post while I was gone.  Naturally I didn’t get around to it, and I have precisely zero posts ready to go while I’m out of commission.

I, quite frankly, don’t feel like spending my vacation working.  I’ll probably check in and read my email a couple times just so I don’t fall too far behind.  I average ~150+ emails per day, and that times seven days off… I don’t even want to think about the mess.

Anyway, enough chatter.  I’m asking for help here.  Alex, Adam, Garry – my guest bloggers.  Any chance I can hit you guys up for at least one post each while I’m gone?  I’d love to see some action at the Green Llama while I’m off not working.  I think I fixed the WP issues so you should be able to publish posts now.   Let me know if you think you can help out – you know I appreciate it.

1. Alex Goad said

May 16 2007 @ 7:55 am

Hey Leroy,

Have a good vacation friend.

I could give it a spin although my inspiration is running on fumes these days from being overworked.

May 16 2007 @ 8:13 am

Thanks Alex. If you have a chance, and an idea, feel free to write up a post. It’s up to you though – I know the feeling of being overworked. That’s part of why I haven’t been as active posting here as I normally am… lack of ideas, inspiration, and tons of work to do.

3. Adam Ferguson said

May 16 2007 @ 9:28 am

Sucks you guys are losing your steam. I feel like I’m just gettin on a roll. I’ll come up with something applicable and cover for you man.

Enjoy the vacation. I’ll be jealous.

4. Alex Goad said

May 16 2007 @ 10:21 am

Yeah it does suck. On my side I have a project coming out that involved a lot of writing on top of the usual dose. I should be bright and snappy as soon as it breaks market.

I want to read the 4 hour work week, but ironically, I don’t have time 😛

5. Adam Ferguson said

May 16 2007 @ 10:35 am

That IS ironic. Awesome.

I guess it’s ok to be super busy when you have exciting things like side projects going on. My biggest challenge is finding time when my friends aren’t trying to drag me away to a bar or some such thing.

May 16 2007 @ 1:17 pm

Don’t be too jealous Adam.. I’m going to Baltimore, the Murder Capital of America ( patent pending ).

7. Adam Ferguson said

May 17 2007 @ 6:03 am

Hey, a vacation’s a vacation. Baltimore is near my neck of the woods. You goin to the aquarium?

May 20 2007 @ 7:39 am

Nah I won’t make it to the Aquarium. Mostly just family stuff – got to see my grandparents and aunts and uncles for the first time in… heck… 6-7 years or so? Something crazy like that so it’s nice.

Are you in MD or nearby?

9. Adam Ferguson said

May 20 2007 @ 3:38 pm

I’m in PA, about 1-1.5 hours from Baltimore.