The Google is Angry

I’ve angered the Google again, it seems.  Green Llama dropped from PR4 to PR1 for no apparent reason that I can figure.  I haven’t seen a PR update on any other of my sites – just this one. How annoying.

1. Jeremy Steele said

August 8 2007 @ 8:39 pm

Maybe someone saw your Text Link Ads referral link and went “derr derr, look hez getting higher from link sales, der derr” and reported you.

2. Adam Dempsey said

August 9 2007 @ 12:47 am

It could be that the pagerank updates aren’t complete yet, pagerank can often fluctuate during updates 🙂

3. Glen Allsopp said

August 9 2007 @ 2:01 am

Don’t worry too much about it just now; it will still be shifting around

4. thatedeguy said

August 9 2007 @ 7:09 am

I’ve seen a few people on the boards complain of the same thing and apparently, it is a symptom of the update. Occasionally, a site will drop to it’s PR from before the previous update and will then update to it’s new when the update is finished. I think we’re in the middle of it so it should be over next week hopefully…

August 9 2007 @ 7:39 am

Let’s hope that Jeremy is wrong and it’s just the update being wonky until it all settles out.

I know PR isn’t the most important thing in the world, but let’s face it – advertisers care.

6. Empress said

August 9 2007 @ 9:05 am

Here’s hoping it’s just a burp in the algorithm and things will balance itself out when the PR update is done. I remember the last time they did a PR update – my site crashed and then evened out.

*fingers crossed*

7. Jeremy Steele said

August 9 2007 @ 10:12 am

Yeah, hopefully my highly intelligent “derr derr” theory is wrong 😉

8. Susan said

August 9 2007 @ 12:15 pm

That would be strange for it to drop if nothing else has changed. Hopefully it will be back up after the update is finished.

9. Peter said

August 9 2007 @ 3:16 pm

Autolink has been updated, and one of the changes was the feature you requested. http://imprompt.us/2007/autolink-v02/

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

August 9 2007 @ 3:31 pm

Well I’m not sure what that has to do with the PR issues at Google, but I’ve been waiting for an update to that plugin for a long time, and I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for the link 🙂

11. Jeremy Steele said

August 18 2007 @ 7:05 pm

Leroy, I think I’ve also angered the Google beast. The number of links being reported both by doing link: and by looking in webmaster tools has dropped by around 50% for my site, and Google traffic has hit rock bottom (to the point of getting none). This is a surprise seeing as how just a few weeks ago I was getting a ton of Google traffic.

I don’t know what the hell Google is doing, but it’s hurting.

August 20 2007 @ 5:07 am

Damn, I wonder what you could’ve done. I know I have a habit of pissing everyone off ( and apparently that would include The Google as well ), but that’s me.

Hope everything gets back to normal soon… No google is always bad news.

13. Jeremy Steele said

August 20 2007 @ 8:12 am

It took a week and a few days, but it’s back to being 70% normal finally. I’m wondering if that 2 hour downtime I had the other day due to an HD failure had anything to do with it.

Stupid @$$ Google.